Advanced Module on Tropical Vector Biology and Control
Location: University of Cape Coast, Ghana / Department of Conservation Biology and Entomology
Date: 18. - 26.06.2018
The course aims to provide students with knowledge and critical understanding of tropical vector biology and their behaviour with an emphasis on technologies and strategies used for control.
- Basic functional morphology of arthropods of medical importance
- Habitat ecology of vector mosquitoes
- Arthropod behaviour and control strategies
- Mosquito sampling techniques and identification
- Larval survey
- Insecticide resistance and mechanisms
- Methods of evaluation of insecticide susceptibility of mosquitoes and efficacy of insecticide treated nets/indoor residual spraying
- PCR techniques used for species identification and screening for resistance mutation
- Insecticide resistance management
The registration deadline is April 15, 2018.
For more information about the module contents and registration, please see the info sheet.
Dr. Andreas Kudom – University of Cape Coast (Ghana)
Andrea Kinigadner – CIHLMU Center for International Health (Germany)
Center for International Health LMU
80802 Munich, Germany