Advanced Module on Public Health System in Nepal - Challenges and Opportunities
Location: Nepal / Course location in Nepal will be announced soon (Kathmandu valley or Pokhara).
Date: 07. - 11.05.2018
The course will offer an overview of the Public Health delivery system in Nepal, present the comparison of health care systems in different resource settings and examples of health related challenges from supply side (health system) and demand side (community and users).
At the end of the module the student should be able to …
- describe health care delivery system in Nepal and major sources of health information
- explain major health problems including challenges and opportunities to address those problems
- identify socio-cultural aspects of care seeking, service delivery and health behaviors
- identify innovations and initiatives taken to address these health problems both from supply side and demand side
- compare issues and challenges between health care system in developed and developing countries
- suggest possible health system solutions in a resource constrained system
This international five-day advanced module will take place from May 7th to 11th 2018.
The registration deadline is March 25, 2018.
For more information about the module contents and registration, please see the info sheet.
Dr. Deepak Paudel – Save the Children (Nepal)
Andrea Kinigadner – CIHLMU Center for International Health (Germany)
Center for International Health LMU
80802 Munich, Germany