Academic Teacher Training Course in Munich
Date: 25.02. - 01.03.2019
Location: Munich, Germany
Application deadline November 15th 2018
The course will be held in English.
The International Academic Teacher Training Course (ATTC) in Munich makes use of excellence in faculty development to support the development of globally applicable approaches in medical education. The course was designed to bring together staff in health professions education who want to improve their skills as an educator, and health educators with responsibility for the medical curriculum.
The course aims to initiate an active and participatory learning process by using activating and interactive learning methods and concepts.
The development of related competencies (e.g. intercultural and softs skills) are supported by tutored small group discussions, group work, group presentations and expert sessions.
In the course, the participants will:
- experience problem-based learning (PBL) as a participant and as a PBL tutor, create a problem (case) for PBL, review other problems (cases) for PBL
- improve their teaching in large and small groups, give feedback and receive feedback
- describe components of curriculum development, formulate learning objectives, create and evaluate written test items
- 5 days face-to-face course (40 hours) as well as an online pre-course and transfer phase. Full-time attendance is required.
- Every participant receives a preliminary certificate of attendance after the completion of the on-site-course in Munich. Upon successful completion of the subsequent transfer-phase assignment, participants receive the final certificate.
- A successful completion of the training is credited with 3 ECTS points.
Required documents for a successful registration:
- Your CV
- Motivation letter. Please outline your academic interests and your purpose and objectives in undertaking the Academic Teacher Training Course for Health Professions
- Applying for a CIH Scholarship: Please explain why you are the right person to receive the scholarship
- Scan of passport
- Upon registration, participants receive a personalized link within 3 working days to upload a video recording of 2 to 3 minutes duration containing your self-presentation.
|Registration fee||EUR 100|
|Tuition fee||EUR 500|
The tuition fee covers course costs, coffee breaks and lunch, welcome/ farewell dinner as well as cultural activities during your stay in Munich.
The tuition fee does not include accommodation in Munich, local and international transportation to Munich, insurance or other personal living costs during the stay. For accommodation, we recommend Hotel Mirabell. A limited number of rooms have been reserved for self-funded ATTC participants with arrival on February 24th and departure on March 2nd, 2019. Participants will pay the cost of EUR 85 per night including breakfast directly to the hotel.
A limited number of full scholarships are available for participants from CIHLMU main cooperation partners.
A limited number of partial scholarships are available for participants from low-income countries (see DAC List of ODA recipients).
Scholarships will be awarded to eligible participants based on their application and motivation letter.
(only for CIH main cooperation partners)
|Tuition fee (€ 500)
Accommodation (single bedroom, breakfast)
Flight ticket (economy class)
(only for participants from low income countries)
|Accommodation (single bedroom, breakfast)|
Scholarships in general DO NOT cover
- Registration fee (€ 100)
- Meals during excursions
- Insurance and personal living costs during the stay
The non-refundable registration fee (€ 100) is due no later than December 15th, 2018.
The tuition fee (€ 500) is due no later than December 15th, 2018.
For registration, please use the following link
For further information, you can send an email to email@example.com
Course Flyer (PDF 402 KB)