Diploma in Tropical Medicine and International Health
The aim of the Diploma in Tropical Medicine and International Health offered by the Department of Infectious Diseases and Tropical Medicine is to improve health care for populations in low- and middle-income countries by training international health professionals in international health topics, bedside-teaching, laboratory practice, management and communication as well as research methods. Besides emphasizing an interactive teaching approach, we also strive to deliver lectures that cover contemporary research in Tropical Medicine and International Health including critical appraisal and discussion of topics. We offer this program to qualified health care professionals with a good command of English. Due to small and international groups, we provide individual support and practical experience in an international setting.
- Duration and Attendance: 3 months full-time (October – December), university-based
- Lecture Schedule: Monday to Friday from 9:00 to 18:00 incl. a Retreat Week in the second week of October
- Language of Instruction: English
- Qualification: Diploma in Tropical Medicine and International Health
- Awarding Institution: Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München, Germany
- Accreditation: Course content is annually submitted for accreditation by the Bayerische Landesärztekammer (BLÄK) as advanced training in Tropical Medicine required for the qualification as doctor in Tropical Medicine
- Course Fee: EUR 5000
- Early Bird Special: EUR 4500 - for registrations until May 31st
- Registration Period: December 1st until August 31st
For more information about the module contents and registration deadlines, please see our information sheet (PDF 68,20 KB) and the curriculum overview (PDF 340 KB).
For registration, please read the information sheet above, fill in the registration form and e-mail your full application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you have received your registration confirmation, you can pay the course fee here.
For further information please contact:
Dr. Arlett Heiber
Martina Manhart MA PGCE
Phone: +49 (089) 4400-59815