Academic Teacher Training Course in Ethiopia
Professionalization of medical education is a key factor for sustainable development of health care systems worldwide.
The goals, learning objectives and schedule for the course are developed jointly based on central topics of medical education. Since 2003, the medical faculties of Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität (LMU) and Jimma University are jointly conducting Academic Teacher Training Courses in Ethiopia.
The courses are designed to bring together academic staff with an interest in improving their skills as educators and medical educators planning innovations in the field of medical education. The courses are open for participants from other Ethiopian universities and from neighboring countries.
- Duration: Two weeks (90 hours)- including the weekend
- Concept: face-to-face course focus on problem-based learning (PBL)
- Grade: Certificate of attendance
- Location: Ethiopia
- Language: English
- Reflect and share personal and respective institutions’ experiences
- Develop a consensus paper on integration of purposeful teaching and assessment of professionalism and ethics in health professional education
For further information please contact: Fabian Jacobs
- Academic Teacher Training in Hawassa, Ethiopia, 2015
- Academic Teacher Training in Ho Chi Minh City, 2014
- Academic Teacher Training in Debre Zeit, Ethiopia, 2013
- Academic Teacher Training in Butajira, Ethiopia, 2012
- Academic Teacher Training in Ambo, Ethiopia, 2011
- Academic Teacher Training in Nazareth, Ethiopia, 2010
- Aademic Teacher Training in Bahir Dar, Ethiopia, 2009
- Academic Teacher Training in Woliso, Ethiopia, 2007
- Academic Teacher Training in Arba Mintch, Ethiopia, 2006
- Academic Teacher Training in Bebeka Coffee Plantation Guesthouse, Ethiopia, 2003