All applications for the PhD Program Medical Research - International Health are directed through an online application portal. For further information on the program and the requirements, please refer to the pages General Information and Requirements.
The Online Application Tool for the PhD intake 2021 will be open from
01 December 2020 until 31 January 2021!
During of the initial registration you will need to produce a valid email address for the identity verification process. Upon verification and entering the registry, you will be asked to choose a proper password. The application form is self-explanatory, online storable, and can be completed in multiple sessions.
For the completion of the online application form the following documents will need to be uploaded. Please note that accepted upload file formats are PDF and JPEG only. The documents have to be in English or German language, otherwise an official translation into either language has to be added.
Important notice: Upload data files may not exceed 5 MB per file. If an upload document consists of several pages, the pages have to be merged into one document, e.g. by using the merging option of Adobe.
- University degree certificate (Master, Medical School, or equivalent)
- University degree diploma supplement
- Transcript of Records
- Proof of English language proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS, High school or university degree with English as indicated principal teaching language)
- Curriculum Vitae (only the provided template will be accepted; see section in Downloads)
- Research Proposal (only the provided template will be accepted; see section in Downloads)
- Letters of recommendation templates will be automatically sent to the referees that are stated by the applicants in the application portal
Please note: Applications from previous years cannot be transferred into consecutive years!
Letter of Recommendation
All applicants will be asked to state two referees for Letters of Recommendation. The templates will be sent automatically to the stated referees as filled in the application portal.