PhD Program Medical Research - International Health
The PhD program Medical Research - International Health combines health related research in the widest sense and development cooperation. Special focus lies in educating researchers to become in their turn multipliers within low and middle income countries and thus the next generation of health professionals. Not only acquisition of knowledge for their personal interest, but to import knowledge to areas in need and multiply it there should be one leading work ethic while being a PhD candidate at CIHLMU. This motive is complying with global development strategies that have recognized the human resource crisis as a key factor in the deterioration of health systems in low and middle income countries.
From this stance arises a certain focus on candidates from low and middle income countries, in order to supply their home countries with competent and responsible researchers and health professionals. However, the PhD program is open to anyone sharing the interest in health-related issues in the field of development cooperation. Therefore we encourage all professionals of any nationality to become part of the PhD program, people working in the field of health or in health related areas that are willing to improve local research and health situations both through manpower and knowledge.
- Duration and Attendance: 3 years fulltime (start in October), sandwich program structure
- Total Credits: 180 ECTS Credit Points
- Concept: Sandwich program (on-site classes in Munich / research in students countries of origin)
- Qualification: Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Medical Research – International Health
- Awarding Institution: Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität in Munich
- Language of Instruction: English
- Tuition Fees: Please see more details under "Costs" below
- Application Period: 01 December to 31 January
Helpful links for PhD candidates:
PhD Leaflet with the most important details of the PhD program.
For further information please contact:
Dr. Arlett Heiber
Phone: +49 (089) 4400-59830