Workshop and Symposium on Capacity Building for National Sustainable Development in Kenya
Date: 06 - 17.08.2018
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
At Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (College of Health Sciences)
This workshop aimed to establish and promote scientific capacity building in African countries through training and mentorship of young scientists and students by leading scientists to establish a platform for collaboration and networking among scientists/researchers/academia/government agencies and students. It also aimed to promote and contribute to attainment of sustainable development goals number 3 (Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages), 4 (Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all) and 17 (Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development) through capacity building and innovation strategies.
- Antimicrobial Stewardship in Resource Limited settings
- Diagnostic Stewardship in Resource Limited Settings
- Operational side of Climate health
- Mathematical modeling for infectious diseases and early warning signs
- Implementation research
- Global Health Security Agenda and Children
- Climate information and health system
- Framework, funding and governance on multi-disciplinary antimicrobial stewardship
- Establishing strong multi-disciplinary - multi-sectoral collaborations (Experiences and lessons learnt)
- Linking Academia and Industry in Research and Innovation (Practical lessons) Ideal partnerships as opportunities to young researchers (where we are and where we ought to be
This workshop is being organized by Dr. Eddy Odari (Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology) and funded by CIHLMU through the Network Funds 2018.