Summer School Occupational Health Crossing Borders
Location: Munich and Frankfurt, Germany
Date: 18. - 30.08.2014
The overall aim of this Summer School is to train physicians and other health specialists currently working or currently being in training in occupational safety and health (OSH) in low and middle income countries. The focal point of the Summer School is teaching interventions in OSH.
The Summer School 2014 also included a visit to the XX World Congress on Safety and Health at Work in Frankfurt.
After active participation in the course participants are be able to
- describe strengths and weaknesses of the German OSH system
- identify advantages and disadvantages of different OSH systems in low and middle income countries
- plan teaching sessions using modern teaching methods
- implement teaching interventions in their home country
- explain new results of global OSH research and practice to their colleagues
- work in a global network