About the Center for International Health
On December 4 2013, in the course of the 2013 Cooperation Meeting held yearly by CIHLMU and its partners in Munich, the General Assembly agreed on new CIHLMU Vision and Mission statements:
CIHLMU - We Empower Health Professionals
CIHLMU aspires to meet health-related challenges through capacity building in training and research.
The aim of CIHLMU is to empower partner universities in developing countries to set their own higher education and research agendas based upon the local problems. These agendas should be integrated by the partner universities into a network of knowledge management. Finally, research results will be translated by the partners into policy to provide crucial information to stakeholders.
Empowerment of people in difficult situations is the core idea of CIHLMU. In our activities particular sub-groups receive particular consideration. This may manifest in preferential selection through boni in applications, or purposive allocation of activities and funds. However, procedures of procurement of equal opportunities are strictly maintained transparent. Considered groups may be defined by ethnicity, socio-economic-status, gender and handicaps.
- Department of Pediatrics at Hauner'sches Klinikum
- Institute for Medical Informatics, Biometry and Epidemiology
- Institute for Medical Education
- Department of Occupational Health and Environmental Medicine
- Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy
- Department of General, Visceral, Transplantation, Vascular and Thoracic Surgery
- Department of Infectious Diseases and Tropical Medicine